So if you are at all up and up with the beauty community you would know Jennifer Lopez, JLO, the goddess her self released a full 70 piece makeup collection with INGLOT cosmetics.
The 70 piece collection contains all types of makeup ; eyeshadows, lipsticks, glosses blushes all the way to nail polishes, and of course bronzers and highlighters.
The collection is very muted in the colour palette as you’d expect from the neutral queen herself but contains a lot of smokey, sultry tones throughout the collection.
I was fortunate enough to attend the Canadian launch party for this collection and that experience can be featured in my vlog shown below. Please keep in mind this is a Day in the Life casual and ammeter style video with a fair bit of partying and silliness.
If you are more interested in learning more about the collection please turn your attention to the second video posted here which is more in-depth look at the collection, my first impressions and a tutorial using all the new products!
2. FIRST IMPRESSIONS & TUTORIAL
JLO X INGLOT Collection – Products I tried
- I could only find US links, sorry Canadian babes! (affiliate links)
Boogie Down Bronze – Sun Kissed https://rstyle.me/~asa3v
Sculpting Powder – Cocoa https://rstyle.me/~asa4u
Plum Eyeshadow – Eggplant https://rstyle.me/~asa43
Orange Eveshadow – Pumpkin https://rstyle.me/~asa48
Smokey Bronze Eyeshadow – Walnut https://rstyle.me/~asa48
Vanilla Eyeshadow – Ivory https://rstyle.me/~asa48
Silver Dollar Loose Pigment https://rstyle.me/~asa43
Flor Lipstick https://rstyle.me/~asa4D
NOW for my final thoughts since filming my first impressions video.
- I think this is a very smart, well done collection. I have to admit I was expecting a lot more pizazz since this is JLO but I think this collection represents JLO 2018 not so much Jenny from the block. I do wish there were more sparkle and shine and full on glitz and glam but although I wanted and expected more I can appreciate the elegance and direction of this collection.
- When I did this first impressions video I wasn’t too pleased. My makeup was looking very subtle, still pretty but kinda lack lustre in real life but it was looking so great on camera. To a point where it was confusing to say the least. Now looking into it this is an HD collection but I’m curious why this collection is so performance based when it is targeted at the everyday women who is most likely not spending her days in front of the camera?
- I really do love the packaging. I think it is sexy and sophisticated with elements of that good ol rose gold glamour which I absolutely adore.
- The bronzer is life. Get the bronzer lol
- In the end I am happy I did try out the collection but the need to go out and buy more just isn’t there for me. Its a good basics collection but as a beauty blogger and makeup artist I have my basics covered so I do tend to enjoy more fun and exciting products. I just wish the collection as a whole had more of an IT factor but all in all the products are good quality, perform well and would make a good addition to the girl on the glow’s makeup bag!